Olympique Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas claims a date has already been set for the second leg of their Champions League last 16 tie with Juventus.
Lyon won the first leg 1-0 and the two sides were originally scheduled to play the second leg in Turin on 17 March.
But after the coronavirus put a stop to that, Aulas has now revealed that the second leg will take place behind closed doors at the Allianz Stadium on 7 August.
“The match against Juventus is confirmed on August 7, in Turin and behind closed doors,” Aulas told RTLFoot on Saturday.
Last month, the LFP announced that the Ligue 1 season would be finished with 10 matches remaining after the French government ruled that no football should take place in the country before September.
The final table was decided based on points per game and head-to-head results, with Paris Saint-Germain crowned 2019/20 champions.
But Aulas revealed last week that he was unhappy with the decision to finish the season early and will be launching an appeal.
“We first asked to investigate a possible resumption of activity,” Aulas told the L’Equipe TV channel.
“The decision of the Minister of Sports (Roxana Maracineanu) is based on a date of August 3 which does not exist at UEFA. We can examine in detail with the Prime Minister and the Minister of Health the health protocol validated by all European countries and see if there is a possibility of recovery.
“The second (appeal) is on the modalities for stopping the Championship and the method of calculating the classification (deciding the league after 28 games).”
But it seems Uefa are determined to finish their European competitions and speaking on Saturday, Aulas expressed concern about French clubs’ ability to be competitive in Europe without any domestic football to keep them going.
“If the appeals do not succeed, we are sending Lyon and Paris to be massacred by teams who will have a preparation that we do not have,” he said.