News Inter confirm all players, coaches returned negative coronavirus tests

-

- Advertisment -

Inter confirm all players, coaches returned negative coronavirus tests

News Inter confirm all players, coaches returned negative coronavirus tests

Inter have confirmed all medical tests carried out on its playing, coaching and management staff returned negative results.

Inter have confirmed all medical tests carried out on its playing, coaching and management staff returned negative results.

Serie A clubs are allowed to resume group training from Monday, having been permitted to return to team bases for individual sessions on May 4.

Every team in Italy’s top flight is conducting testing as Serie A works towards a resumption of the 2019-20 season, which has been suspended since March due to the coronavirus pandemic.

An Inter statement read: “FC Internazionale Milano announces that all of the results from Friday’s medical tests on the club’s players, coaching staff, management staff and the remainder of the team group have returned as negative.”

The league and the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) are yet to agree on medical protocols set by the government for the competition’s return.

The health ministry wants entire teams to be quarantined for 14 days if a player tests positive, while clubs and the league believe such measures would make a restart impractical and favour a scenario where only the individual in question is isolated.

A June 13 resumption has been suggested, with inter-regional movement to remain limited until June 3.

On Saturday, Parma confirmed two players had been placed in quarantine ahead of the return to group sessions.

“At the end of the exams, all the members of the team group tested negative for the two swabs for Covid-19 performed within 24 hours, except for two players who tested positive for the first swab and negative for the second,” read a club statement.

“The athletes – both in excellent physical and asymptomatic conditions – were however placed in immediate isolation and the team will constantly monitor them.”

Parma’s announcement came on the same day that Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte cleared Serie A clubs to return to group training on Monday.

Teams have been working out at their training facilities on an individual basis but will now be able to step up training as they eye a return next month. Conte did say, however, that there were further safety guarantees that needed to be met before play would be able to resume.

“We must wait for conditions to be achieved to guarantee maximum safety for the resumption of the championship,” Conte said. “We need some more guarantees which at the moment have not been met. We hope this will happen as soon as possible.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Updates

Association reacts to viral video on 1004 Estate

The attention of the Incorporated Trustees (BOT) of 1004 Homeowners and Residents Association (HORA) has been drawn to a...

UNICEF harps on exclusive breastfeeding, complementary feeding

Colours of Hope Foundation for Good HealthThe United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has advised nursing and lactating mothers to...

Court restrains NLC, TUC from embarking on planned strike

The National Industrial Court, Abuja, on Thursday has granted an order of interim injunction restraining the Nigeria Labour Congress...

Governor Wike: Godwin Obaseki won’t leave PDP

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has said Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State will not leave Peoples Democratic...
- Advertisement -

DSS official killed by ‘arms dealers’ in Plateau

File PhotoA senior official of the Department of State Service (DSS) in Plateau State, has been shot dead by...

Governor Wike: How IGP called, ordered me to leave Edo on eve of election

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State says the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, called him on the telephone on...
- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you