News Benue records 35 coronavirus cases, discharges 11

-

- Advertisment -

Benue records 35 coronavirus cases, discharges 11

News Benue records 35 coronavirus cases, discharges 11

Scientists around the world are building up their knowledge about the coronavirus, as they frantically search for a cure and vaccine.

Benue state government has declared that the number of persons who have so far tested positive to the COVID-19 virus in the state is 35 in number.

Of the total number of confirmed cases, the government said no life has been lost, describing the feat as a “high percentage of success.”

State Commissioner for Health and Human Services, Sunday Ongbabo, who is also the Secretary of the State Action Committee on COVID-19 in Benue, disclosed this while speaking to newsmen in Makurdi on Tuesday.

He explained that out of the number, 11 persons have been treated, confirmed negative and discharged, while 23 others were receiving treatment and in stable condition.

Ongbabo pointed out that “From the tests we have done so far, we have recorded thirty five positive cases from the beginning, since when we had the first index case to now.

“In all 35 persons have tested positive in Benue and out of these, 11 of them have been treated and have become negative. That is a very high percentage of success in Benue.

“We have not lost anyone in Benue; we are left with 23 active cases who are on treatment and they are very stable and fine and we expect that in the next few days, they will be discharged.”

The State Commissioner for Health also noted that from the total cases so far recorded, 80% of persons that have tested positive to the virus were from Makurdi, the state capital.

On the effect the strike embarked upon by the Association of Resident Doctors (ARD), may have on the state in view of COVID-19 pandemic, Ongbabo said, “The strike has not incapacitated us in any way.”

Ongbabo also stated that Benue has the capacity to tackle anything that may arise, concerning the COVID – 19 pandemic.

He said, “When you talk about capacity, it is in terms of infrastructure, personnel, equipment and drugs. Our response is a progressive one and we are capable of handling whatever stage that the COVID-19 will get to especially when you have a Chief Executive (Governor Samuel Ortom) that is part of it.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Updates

Thiago Silva not at Chelsea to ‘visit tourist sites’

Thiago Silva is eager to point out that he is not at Chelsea to “visit tourist sites” and “go...

Partizan Belgrade’s Sadiq Umar bags sixth goal of the season

Sadiq Umar was on target for Partizan Belgrade in their 2 – 1 victory over Backa Backa Palanka in...

Frank Lampard casts doubt over Victor Moses future at Chelsea

Frank Lampard insists Victor Moses will not be part of his squad for Tuesday’s Carabao Cup clash with Tottenham...

Nigerian traders in Ghana attempting suicide over maltreatment

Some Nigerian traders in Ghana are considering suicide as option, following rising cases of frustrations, biting hunger and sad...
- Advertisement -

Four die, 12 injured in Lagos-Ibadan expressway crash

Four persons on Monday died, while 12 others sustained various degrees of injuries in a lone accident involving a...

Serie A side Genoa confirm 14 virus cases

Genoa have announced that 14 members of their match squad, believed to include 8-10 players, tested positive for COVID-19...
- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you