News Bauchi records two coronavirus deaths

-

- Advertisment -

Bauchi records two coronavirus deaths

News Bauchi records two coronavirus deaths

Bauchi state governor, Bala Mohammed has lamented how the novel Coronavirus has hindered preparations for local government elections in the state.

The Bauchi State government said on Monday that two new death cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) had been recorded, bringing the number of deaths in the State to five.

Dr. Rilwanu Mohammed, Executive Chairman, Bauchi State Primary Healthcare Development Agency (BASPHCDA) disclosed this in an interview within Bauchi.

Mohammed, who did not disclose the identity of the dead, said nine patients were also discharged, bringing the total number of discharged cases in the state to 112.

“Yes! We have just discharged nine patients, this brings the total number of discharged cases in the state to one hundred and twelve (112).

“We have also recorded two new death cases, this brings the total number of death recorded so far in the state to five,” he said.

The PHCDA boss, who is also the Chairman, Contact Tracing Committee on COVID-19 in the state, said they wasted no time by treating any positive patient brought in for treatments, hence the mass recovery of patients in the state.

“We are not waiting like other states, we swing into action by treating any positive patient immediately they are admitted.

“We give them drugs that are on trial and they are recovering, the only thing is that people are still having denial in their minds.

“People should wake up to the reality that COVID-19 is real and should come for testing whenever they are having any of the signs as outlined by health experts,” said Mohammed.

Bauchi state has so far recorded 224 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 112 discharged, five died, and 107 active cases.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Updates

Porto boss refuses to rule out Alex Telles departure

Manchester United after reportedly keen on bringing in FC Porto left-back Alex Telles after a recent report from Portuguese...

Central bank investigates 55 companies over foreign exchange infractions

Amidst sustained pressures on Nigeria’s official foreign exchange resources, the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, has opened investigations into...

CSR: Dangote Cement commits N4 billion to projects in Ogun host communities

Makamba OnlineDangote Cement Plc, says it has committed over N4 billion into various Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects in...

Edo election: Governor Emmanuel congratulates Godwin Obaseki

Gov. Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom has congratulated Gov. Godwin Obaseki of Edo for his victory in the governorship...
- Advertisement -

NIDCOM chief hails Ernest Ezeajughi’s re-election as UK council mayor, Efe Ajagba’s US boxing victory

Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman/CEO, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM), has congratulated Nigerian-born scientist, Ernest Ezeajughi, who was elected to...

Juventus will not sign Luis Suarez – sporting director

Juventus have ended their pursuit of Barcelona striker Luis Suarez, sporting director Fabio Paratici has confirmed.The 33-year-old is expected...
- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you