Monday, February 27, 2017

Nigeria Court Adjourns Sovereign Wealth Fund Suit

The Supreme Court in Nigeria has been told that the out-of-court settlement between the Federal Government and the 36 states of the federation over the dispute arising from the maintenance of the Excess Crude Account and the transfer of one billion dollars from the account to the Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF) has collapsed for the second time. At the resumed hearing, counsel to the Federal Government, Austin Alegeh, told the court that settlement between parties have collapsed and in view of that brought an application requesting that the court should amend his statement of defence. Lawyer to the state governors, Mr Adegboyega Awomolo, however, told the court that the application filed by the Federal Government was only a ploy to delay the hearing of the suit. The Supreme Court had earlier granted a request by the parties to settle the matter out of court and to explore an amicable resolution of the disagreement. With the breakdown in talks, the Supreme Court consequently fixed September 23 for the hearing of the application brought by the defendant seeking to amend its statement of defence.

Eight Year old Arrested for refusing to stay silent during a Charlie Hebdo silence

Eight Year old Arrested for refusing to stay silent during a Charlie Hebdo silence An eight-year-old boy has been questioned by police for refusing to honour a silence for the Charlie Hebdo victims and declaring: ‘I am with the terrorists.’ The...

Buhari Angry About House Of Reps Commotion;Photo

Buhari Angry About House Of Reps Commotion;Photo President Muhammadu Buhari is reportedly angry over the fracas that ensued at the federal house of representatives yesterday. According to The News, Buhari is also angry over the disrespect accorded the All Progressives Congress...

#bringbackourgirls: Australia govt offers Nigeria military support

The Australian government has offered to lend support by providing its special forces in rescuing the chibok girls abducted by Boko haram since the 14 of April 2014. Australian television website, abc.au.net,reports that the country’s Foreign Minister Julie Bishop told Sky News that Australia...

Boko Haram Takes Over Chibok

First the Boko Haram militants took their girls away, hundreds of them. Now, they came to take their town. That summed up the situation of Chibok, a town in southern part of the beleaguered Nigerian state of Borno. Boko Haram captured...

Teacher Strips Naked and tries to rape Female Pupil in Playground in Front of...

A teacher stripped naked and tried to rape a female pupil in front of her classmates during a lunchtime in China. The suspect, identified only as Hou, is thought to be a laboratory caretaker at Taiping Middle School in Gaungxi...

prison boss gets 7 years in prison for obtaining money by false pretense

Find the EFCC press statement below The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Friday 28, 2014, secured the conviction of a top prison officer as Justice J.J Majebi of the Kogi State High Court, Okene, convicted and sentenced Joseph...

1500 Islamic clerics hired to pray for Saraki

Supporters and loyalists of the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki have engaged in vigil and fasting.Punch reports . One of the conveners of the prayers, Mr. Kayode Yusuf, who is popularly called ‘Maja,’ in an interview with our correspondent in...

#BringBackOurGirls: Kevin Hart, Ellen DeGeneres, Daddy Showkey, joins the campaign

The Chibok school girls abducted by Boko haram is getting more and more popular sparkling more international tension as the #BringBackOurGirls harshtag is really trending on all social media as more celebs pours their support for the release of...

I have nothing personal against Buhari, Fayose insists

Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State has insisted that he has nothing personal against the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Major General Muhammadu Buhari, as the jostling for votes in the coming general election by politicians continues. Governor Fayose,...